James R. Hills, CPA/ABV | Partner
HealthCare Appraisers, Inc.
TEL: (847) 756-6150
Mr. Hills has over 27 years of corporate finance, operations, business development and public accounting experience, with more than 22 years of experience in the healthcare sector. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Hills served in various capacities, including Director of Finance & Administration for a privately held, real estate developer; Vice President of Finance & Administration for a privately held, home-health provider; Vice President of Finance and Vice President of Development for a privately held, national neuro-musculoskeletal physician management company; Director of Mergers and Acquisition for a publicly traded, physician practice management company; and Manager for a national public accounting firm. Mr. Hills’ broad business experience includes structuring, negotiating and financing acquisition transactions, acquisition due diligence, business development, treasury management, risk management, initial public offerings, bank financing, financial reporting, contract negotiation, accounting, finance, human resources and operations.
Mr. Hills received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida. He is a certified public accountant (CPA)* and is a member of the Illinois CPA Society and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the AICPA.
Mr. Hills is involved in all aspects of healthcare valuation analysis, including:
- Business valuation
- Medical director/thought leader compensation
- Compensated call coverage
- Physician employment arrangements
- Service, management and co-management arrangements
- Equipment use (and “per use”) arrangements
- Certified Public Accountant - licensed in Illinois*
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)*
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (IAHA)
University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, Bachelor of Accountancy
Publications and Presentations
Co-presenter with Michael Blau, JD, Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP –, 2012 Cancer Center Business Summit, Fort Worth, TX, October 12, 2012.
Co-presenter with Alan H. Einhorn, JD, Of Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP – Buying & Selling Oncology Practices, Cancer Center Business Summit 2011, Chicago, IL, Oct. 14, 2011.
* HealthCare Appraisers is not a CPA firm.